Field Reports

Go down

Field Reports Empty Field Reports

Post by TalesofNine Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Field Reports W8kbpAT
Field Reports HdgBP8l
In this time of chaos and war. Any information that can be collected is critical. Reliable or not, even incomplete, any stories of value are collected here. Their insight could prove to be just what is needed to turn the tide.

TalesofNine
Admin

https://endless-frontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Field Reports Empty Written By Mulder

Post by TalesofNine Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 pm

The Book of The Gods

Klaus sat inside the drab but spacious innard of the UH-62 Helicopter that was currently taking him and a few back up soldiers to the....location....with glee. It had taken a while but he had finally found it. He had finally found what had taken him so long to track down. The mystical Book of The Gods. Since he was a boy, Klaus had heard rumors about it. About what it contained. About the knowledge within it. It made him feel giddy. After so long had he been scoffed at for trying to grasp it, he would finally be the one to have it. It put a grin on Klaus' face.

Klaus could see the weird looks he was being given by the soldiers accompanying him but he didn't care. He knew they hadn't been filled in on why they were being flown out to some remote hellhole in Indonesia and he knew it probably made them uneasy. In a way it made him giddy to be the only one to know the purpose of this top secret mission. Of course he should be the only one with such knowledge. He sighed happily and ran his hands through his blonde hair. It wasn't long now.

About what the scientist would estimate was an hour later, the UH-62 was touching down at the remote village. The soldiers had exited first with their LAR-90s out and ready to fire if needed. Klaus hoped it wouldn't come to that but if it did so be it. Klaus stepped outside of the UH-62, his legs somewhat wobbly from so much time sitting. The sounds of the jungle echoed all around him. It was a miracle they managed to get this far inland without those assholes from W.U.G. detecting them but Klaus had made sure they wouldn't detect them. He wouldn't let anything interfere with him.

It was almost a miracle that not only was the village intact after the frequent NOL attacks Indonesia suffered, not to mention the frequent military drills WUG performed, that this village had remained untouched. The thought of it made Klaus laugh as he saw the looks of worry on the villagers faces. This must have been a surprise to them.

"<Where is your elder?>" Klaus asked in their dialect. The scientist was good with languages. It was one of his many, many strong suits.

After the scientist had asked the question, a older man with a long white beard stepped out from the crowd.

"<I am the elder. What is it that you have come here for?>" The man asked Klaus.

Before he spoke, Klaus smiled a sinister smile.

"<I've come for The Book of The Gods.>" He said smugly and forcefully. He wouldn't take no for an answer.

The old man's eyes widened in shock as he heard what Klaus had to say. Someone had come for it? For the sacred book that must not be disturbed? He wouldn't allow that.

"<You must be insane to ask for that!>" The old man yelled.

"<Perhaps.>" Klaus said as he motioned with his hands to the soldiers. As soon as he said that, shots broke out and 5 of the villagers dropped dead as screams and cries echoed through the jungle.

As the old man looked in shock and despair at the dead bodies of those he was supposed to protect, Klaus cleared his throat and began to speak once more.

"<So, Elder will you now bring me the Book of The Gods?>" Klaus said, that same smug grin still present on his face.

The old man hesitated for a moment before shutting his eyes, sighing, and going to one of the huts. A few moments later he came out with a large leather-clad book and in that moment Klaus felt pure euphoria. AT LAST! AT LAST IT WAS HIS! He thought as he was handed the book while the old man grimaced.

"<Thank you very much Elder, I knew you could be reasonable.>" Klaus said as he motioned once more to the soldiers and once more shots rang out and became combined with shouts of terror and cries of despair.

"Burn this entire shithole to the ground." Klaus said as he stepped back into the chopper. He had accomplished his mission and now he had the greatest source of knowledge known to man. Truly a reason to rejoice he thought as he began to laugh.

TalesofNine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Field Reports Empty Written By Prime Spinosaur

The Pharaoh and the Sahara Rains

In an age before man like many stories of the Gods, where the Pyramids would one day stand, a great drought was occurring in a land that's very blood was the waters of the Nile's forefathers. A drought that had continued for years and years, creating a great famine across the land. The ones hit hardest by this were the river dragons with their beautiful sailbacks and crocodile faces, among them was one strong even in this desperation. He was a protector of his family, saving his sons and their sons from the jaws of death, he alone was brave enough to swim in the ocean of monsters and do combat with the beasts there for food. This dragon was named Baghdasar and he was the strongest of his kind that had ever lived.

It was on a day when the fish were scarce that he swam further out to sea, that he came across a sea dragon, bigger than he was with a jaw as big as his tail, with teeth sharp. The two fought and Baghdasar used his might claws to rend the throat of the dragon and drown it, before bringing it's corpse back as a banquet to his family.

His battle had not gone unnoticed. As Baghdasar swam home, a light vision, as though from the future spectated, a figure walking on water with hooved feet. The vision faded and he swam ashore. The feast lasted them many weeks but then the drought hit harder.

No fish dared come to the shores now, for the land had been laid bare under the sun. Even Baghdasar found himself at the end of his strength, and on a night that he thought to be his last. He lamented not his death, but the coming death of his son, whom he'd given his shares of food. The light again appeared and he glimpsed once more the future in the form of a unicorn. Baghdasar had never seen such a creature, for they had yet to come forth into the world.

"Pray what brings this king of the rivers far from his home?" the unicorn asked. For it was Elias, one of the three messengers of Gaia.

"There are no more rivers," spoke Baghdasar, "for a plague has come across our home and ravaged it, only bare land now exists."

"Truly, then it is a sad to see that the end of the river dragons is cometh. But perhaps you can stay the tide of change, even if just a bit longer." said Elias.

"What do you speak of?" asked Baghdasar, as he found strength to rise.

"I speak of a chance to bring the rains back to your land, but in order to do so, you must brave the heart of the storm and tame it as your steed." Elias answered. "You can bring it back and save your people. Be warned however, once the storm is yours, you will no longer be a mortal, you will be a warrior and must be called to fight for Gaia."

Baghdasar stepped towards the waters. "How do I find this storm?"

"It is the greatest storm that ever was, swim north for three days, and you shall see it, and then from there you must reach the very eye of the storm." Elias spoke. "You are at the very end of your strength, do you wish to rest?"

"My son is not long for this world unless I bring the rains back to Africa," said Baghdasar."I will go now."

The unicorn said nothing as the dragon dragged himself into the waters and moved north. For three days he moved north straight, fighting other dragons along the way, as he was trespassing further and further into their domain. Then he saw the dark clouds above a violent sea.

He moved forward as the tides shoved him around, weakened from his journey he was shoved around and displaced, whirlpools thrust him under and tsunamis hit him. Baghdasar fought back against the storm with all of his might but he was at the end of his strength and even if he were at his height the storm dwarfed him. The storm shoved him under the water but Baghdasar continued to try and pursue the eye. The storm saw this and swerved him to the and beat the dragon. Still Baghdasar continued forward until he finally reached the eye and the waters in the center calmed.

"I am Baghdasar, Pharaoh of the rivers of Africa! Now I come forth to bring you to them. Bring your waters back to my land!" As he made his declaration the storm assaulted Baghdasar in one final act of defiance, lightning hurtled through the sky and struck the sail of the dragon, he roared in pain but felt power coursing through him lightning continued to strike him and he felt his strength returning stronger than ever and getting still even stronger. He moved back south, and by the time he was back he had grown twice the size he was before and the parched lands were quenched after long years of drought. He had brought the rains down to Africa and saved it's inhabitants. With a single exception.

Baghdasar had taken weeks to conquer the storm, and in that time, he found the corpse of his last child. The dragon wept for his sons last moments were alone, thinking he'd been abandoned.

"You have done well, o Pharaoh," said Elias as he walked towards the dragon.

"Stay thy tongue you liar," roared Baghdasar, "I did this to protect him, and instead I doomed him to a lonesome death."

"You could have conquered that storm quicker had you tried to regain your strength, perhaps some meal could've come to feed you and your child but you chose to go in haste. With good intentions but you did not think through what you were doing. Let this be a lesson to you, Pharaoh of the rivers, to think before you act too rashly."

Baghdasar said nothing but still mourned that his son could not see the world as it was in his youth. Baghdasar stayed ashore for three full days, and soon the lands were flooding, too much in fact and Elias approached him again.

"You must leave your home, Baghdasar," said Elias. "If you truly love this land that gave you your child than you should return to the sea."

"Am I to never again see it?" asked the dragon.

"Nay, you may return upon a time, but as you have conquered the storm, you are needed for a great battle that shall happen one day, Gaia will give you the strength you need but you have proven to be a worthy warrior. You will sleep for a time, until it is right again."

With that Baghdasar left his kingdom and rarely returned, the world changed, and once more the lands became a dry desert, however, on occasion, the sands will be touched by rain and a dragon will walk through the muddy sands of the Sahara and bless it with rain.

TalesofNine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Field Reports Empty Written By Prime Spinosaur

Paradiso Dei

Intro

My name is Dr. Joe Amerss. If you are reading this right now, then I'm very fortunate. Some part of me has left this strange world that I'm trapped in and ended up in human contact. I hope this is readable, I air sealed the box as best as I could, a ramshackle note in a bottle for sure. The following that you are about to read are my accounts leading after the day of April 3rd, 2022, when myself and the research team crash landed on the fabled Spanish isle Caspak Island. I didn't know it at the time but we'd come into the domain of a world forgotten by time, an oversight in Mother Nature's thoroughness.

Our chopper had been struck by lightning and we crashed down on one of the smaller islands in the North Eastern bay, there were at the time only seven other survivors. Now I am the last of all of them. The village has opened themselves up to me time and time again, but I won't be content here. I don't want to die here, but it looks to be my fate. I don't know what's going on outside, who is winning the war, if the world is getting worse but I just want this to reach someone, so at the very least, someone will remember me.

TalesofNine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Field Reports Empty Re: Field Reports

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum